Sleepy time for baby otter!
so this happened
I keep having these ideas for dS fusion fics. Like everything I know about Star Trek is from basic internet exposure and not the show itself, but I started thinking about a Star Trek fusion because I could totally picture one of Ray V’s catchphrases being “dammit, Benny!” So Fraser would be Kirk, Ray V would be Bones, and the Enterprise would be the lovechild of the Riv and the GTO.
And there could also be a Pacific Rim one where Welsh and Thatcher would share Pentecost’s job (does it have an official title or is it just CO). Naturally Fraser and the Rays would have a three-person jaeger like the Wei Tang triplets. The ensemble cast would be the ground support team, though I didn’t cast them specifically.
Anyone want to add on to these?
I originally came up with ‘boldly going due south’ as a sort of title for a possible due south/star trek cross-over lol :P there are actually quite a lot of parallels if you think about it..
I personally think Fraser has a lot in common with Spock.. and RayK would be Kirk in my head.. actually I just remembered I explained this about 2 months ago as an answer to a question meme thing lol, so I’ll just copy-paste what I said then:
P (Invent a random AU for any fandom (we always need more ideas).): Do crossovers count as AU’s? Because I’ve had the idea of a due South/Star Trek: TOS crossover in my head for months, because when you think about it there are actually quite a lot of similarities between the characters:
- Fraser and Spock are both ‘from another planet’ (okay, one more literally than the other, but still), rely heavily on logic, try to keep their emotions to themselves, have extra-ordinary senses/abilities (Fraser’s tongue is a tricorder) and have a father they look up to but didn’t/couldn’t spend enough quality time with them as a child.
- Kirk and RayK are both ‘mister instinct’ and have a tendency to be stubborn. they are both good at reading people, are very passionate and devoted individuals and have a strong sense of justice. (and they both have the best hair, but that’s just my personal opinion :P)
- Turnbull vs. Chekov, I mean.. [x]
- Welsh is McCoy sometimes (eye-rolling, exasperated sighs, ‘For the love of God, GET A ROOM you two’)
- Francesca = Chapel ?
- Mountie-Farr: “I am terribly sorry, Ray, but you have to come to Canada with me to participate in an old Inuit ritual and then we have to get gay-married and consummate it in an isolated cabin. Why? Well, otherwise I’m afraid I’ll die, Ray. We have to do it as soon as possible, I don’t know how long I’ll last. Sorry, I don’t make up the rules, it has to do with Mountie-biology. Yes I mean ‘biology’ as in ‘reproduction’, it is called Mountie-Farr: the time of mounting.”
but I think you’re right that RayV might be a better match for McCoy than Welsh, also that would mean Fraser and the two Rays together would form the triumvirate (=Spock, Kirk & McCoy) and that is a lot more fitting, since they basically ARE the triumvirate of due south \o/
Yay for Rumor Has it…’ or ‘Skydeep’ !!! Also, wow, I can definitely see why reading about that part of Joan of Arc’s story would be awful/terrifying :/.
haha :’) yes, yay! indeed. I love Tatau’s fics <3
and yeah.. apparently it left a big enough impression that I still remember it and it was the first thing that came to mind when I read the question.. even though it happened literally 10 years ago >__> (I don’t know exactly how detailed it was described and if I might have exaggerated the memory over time.. but either way it was too awful/triggering/terrifying for me to read it at that age.. so yeah..)
Rule One: Always post the rules. (Fine, I’ll post them.. but I don’t really feel like trying to come up with 11 questions of my own and tagging people, so I’m actually going to ignore them lol)
Rule Two: Answer the questions asked by your tagger and ask eleven more.
Rule Three: Tag eleven people and link them to this post.
Rule Four: Actually tell them you tagged them
Click ‘read more’ for my answers (they are pretty long, so.. yeah.. :P)
Hmmm.. so yeah, I finished the additional handcuff fest drawing I kept posting WIPs of here :P
It’s mostly meant as an illustration to add to the sequel fic I’m also writing about what happens after the first/original drawing I made, so I haven’t uploaded this one to AO3 yet (idk.. maybe I could also upload it seperately.. but I’m not sure if I want to..)
Since I just finished this and I don’t know when I’ll get around to finally finish the fic I figured I’d at least share it here (:
This was partly because of wagnetic’s brilliant suggestion to draw CKR in various states of undress some more in order to practice and improve my ability to draw more accurate male anatomy..
..and partly because for some reason I already had the idea of Ray Kowalski in a maple leaf thong in my head… x’)
The idea of adding Fraser in USA-themed scanty ‘clothes’ logically presented itself soon after, so.. yeah.
shh this is totally a legit way to practice drawing male anatomy
p.s. if someone somehow feels inspired to explain how they got in this situation through a fanfic/ficlet, be my guest. I personally have no idea about any plot or backstory for this, I just felt like drawing almost-naked CKR/PG ;’)
Ok, so I caved and I uploaded it to AO3, because I’m actually quite pleased with it and the idea of them undercover as strippers/exotic dancers/whatever they’re doing here, won’t leave me alone x) so..
For reasons that might need exploring at a later juncture, Ray is wearing a maple leaf thong and Fraser is rocking the Stars and Stripes.
seriously though, somebody please write me this fic.. I don’t care if it ends up being slightly crackfic-ish, but I really kind of need this story I think
since so many people are a fan of my insults, i’ve made a curse-free insult generator at the request of a very enthusiastic anon
here u go, bud
Absolute curtain rod
derisory cactus x’)